Gratitude and Weekend Links




(Instagram from the week) 

I should probably not have flip flops on today, the weather is chilly and calls for a cup of tea snuggled on the couch while watching a movie this afternoon.  Just my kind of day and weather! 

Gratitude this week:  Time spent meal planning that saved me so much time and energy and 4pm panic, the first full week or preschool that meant 7.5 whole hours without kids this week, everyone beginning to finally adjust to our new schedule, chilly weather, time to blog, time to take more photos, chicken snuggles, $1 and $2 frame sales at AC Moore that means I finally got some photos up on our photo shelves that have been waiting for months, those silly rainbow bands that are entertaining us (me included as I search for designs on yourtube!) more than I'd like to admit. 


:::I'm reading Tamar Adler's book, An Everlasting Meal: Cooking with Economy and Grace.  It's one of those books I've owned and not read for way too long and, even more, one of those books I'm kicking myself for not reading sooner! This interview with her is a breath of fresh air.  "In order for that to be true, we need to know how to cook, and the kinds of cooking that are not time-intensive and denatured — like the stuff on Top Chef or Iron Chef — but the quiche which uses leftovers. "

:::Do you like to get an early holiday start, too?  It made me happy to read this and know I'm not the only one trying to plan a bit now to save some room for more family time in December! If you want to plan but don't even know where to start, it's a great resource! 


:::I've been following John Krakauer and his writing for as long as I can remember, or at least since high school when I first read Into the Wild, and this new information about how Chris McCandless died is fascinating to me and makes me glad to know that there's something a bit more conclusive. 

:::How would you do if a health inspector visited your kitchen? Here's a hint: they wouldn't care nearly as much about your counters and floors as you might think! 

:::"Adults sag. It doesn’t matter how fit they are. Every decade, an adult sags a little more. All of the tissue hangs a little looser. They wrinkle, too. I don’t know who put about the rumor that just old people wrinkle. You start wrinkling when you start sagging, as soon as you’re all grown up, and the process goes its merry way as long as you live. Which is hopefully a long, long time, right?"  This post made me smile:) 

:::"Keep the car keys under the front seat so they don’t get lost." This obituary also made me smile, a lot:) 

No comments

Leave some love!