From Sunday Morning






It's Sunday morning and all of the emotions of the past week are hitting me like a ton of bricks, it was a strangely intense week. The kids slept over at the grandparents' last night, John is still asleep.  It's chilly, but I opened the windows. The Griffin House station is on Pandora.  I want myself to get away from the computer, but sitting at the kitchen counter, typing away and waiting for a cup of coffee to brew while everything outside starts to stir feels good.  

I stop to go outside and cut some lilacs that I've been waiting to bloom all week.  I cut some of our neighbor's Spicebush, too, at her suggestion.  When I walked into her house this week and saw them on her dining room table, she asked if I had cut any yet and begged me to get myself some, as soon as I could, to smell them in my house.  Her grandmother planted them originally a lot of years ago and she was so glad that one of them made it through the winter, there are two that are just gone. 

We officially have pool passes for the summer in our hands and we just counted on the calendar that there are only 3 weeks left of school for one kid, 5 for the other, then we'll officially be in summertime. 
We finally got a gas grill and have been using it daily.  It's a cheap little thing and I have a feeling it's going to be very loved by the end of this summer.  

I don't know what it is.  Maybe it's accepting a life in line with what I care about more than I was. Maybe it's just sunshine and being outside more again.  Time spent with friends and on things that matter. Things feel good.   

No comments

Leave some love!