Playing Catch Up












Life has been speeding by lately and it's felt really good to just let got of some things, including feeling like I "have" to write here in a certain manner with specific regularity.  I need to figure out the new groove for summertime and I think sporadic posts when I can squeeze them in and have them not feel like a chore are going to be the name of the game for a while.  Taking my kids to the pool is just better!  So here's whole bunch of random for you today:

-It's the first official day of summer vacation.  We celebrated on Friday with a Last Day of School Summer Vacation Extravaganza Bonanza.  It involved playing outside as late at they could keep their eyes open, catching lighning bug (if the spelling bothers you, I promise you that I looked it up and lightning is the correct spelling in this context! Also, do you call them lightning bugs or fireflies or something else?) and popsicles - we get pretty wild around here:) 
-We're planting and growing fairy gardens and a sunflower house.
-We whitewashed the garden boxes with lime and I can't believe how much better it looks. 
-I'm so in love with this project.  If you have a minute, check it out.  And if you love it like I do, get on board and back the Kickstarter, I know they'd love your support! 
-Homeschooling has been on my mind in a major way. Is it a big deal? I can't decide. 
-We've been planting and watering and watching everything grow and it still blows me away that all of those tiny seeds plus some dirt and sunshine and water are going to grow into an entire garden of veggies and flowers and herbs.  I don't know that I'll ever get over how amazing it is to witness.  

That's all I've got for now, we have summer fun to have around here! 

No comments

Leave some love!